Join me and Sam Akers for a summer dive into the heart practices, the Divine Abodes - Loving-kindness, Compassion, Joy and Equanimity as taught by the Buddha. Held at Heartwood Mountain Sanctuary in Garberville, California, where we will practice in silence and be held by the beauty of the Redwoods.
Wednesday to Sunday
June 10 to June 14, 2020
During this 5 day, 4 night retreat we will practice sitting and walking meditation, noble silence and yoga. Each evening will have an optional 45 minute talking period following dinner. Noble silence allows us to truly turn inward, without the many distractions of our busy world.
Retreat will include:
- Daily heart practice meditations while sitting, walking and practicing yoga with a focus on Loving-Kindness, Compassion, Joy, Equanimity and Forgiveness. (Yoga will be accessible for ALL yogis)
- Daily schedule of practice will be in 30 minute increments, with the option to sit longer periods at any time.
- Dharma talks
- Individual meetings to discuss practice
- Shared lodging
- Fresh, simple, organic meals
- Daily Yoga in the form of gentle stretching, Yin yoga and Restorative yoga.
- Sound bath on final evening of practice
Retreat Schedule: (subject to small changes)
- June 10th arrival between 4pm-5pm. Dinner will be served, practice after dinner.
- Daily practice between 6am and 8pm. All meditations are optional, however yogis are encouraged to attend all sits and Dharma talks.
- June 14th final practice, breakfast and closing session. Leaving Heartwood by 11am.
- Sliding Scale of $875-$950. Dana is always welcome, but not expected.
- $100 discount for those that register and pay in full, by March 1st!
- If you are in need of a payment plan, please contact Sam Akers via email.
Young Persons Scholarship: Thanks to generous offerings of Dana, there is one scholarship available for a youth, aged 17-25. The retreat cost, if you are offered the scholarship, is $350. Please email Sam Akers if interested in this awesome opportunity.
INFORMATION & TO REGISTER: Contact Sam Akers